We provide 12A registration in Patna Bihar Ranchi Jharkhand. We help you in getting 12A registration under Income tax act, 1961 for society in Patna, online Society 12A registration in Patna, Bihar. Societies are Non government organization. 12A registration is obtained by societies for getting exemption from paying income tax on his surplus or profits. 12A registration applied by the society immediate after its incorporation. All types of NGO (like Trust, Society, Section 8 companies) applied for 12A registration to enjoy the tax benefits. After 12A registration societies are exempted from paying tax on its surplus. We will give you all information about the 12A registration in this article in brief.
Society 12A Registration
Societies are registered under rules and regulation of society act, 1860. More than seven member’s minimum required for establishment of a Society as per society act. Societies are not for profit organizations. Societies are mainly worked for our society and its object is clear during its registration. Main object of society is charitable, religious, educational, economical, environment development etc. Societies are accepted donation from third parties like government, other companies, individuals, foreigners etc. Donation is main source of its income. After incorporation societies have to get registration under 12A with income tax department. After getting 12A registration certificate societies are enjoy the benefit income tax exemption. Societies are free from paying income tax on his profit. 12A registration is important for all types of NGOs like society. When societies are registered after that they applied for Pan Number of the society. After receipt of Pan Number society should apply for 12A registration certificate with the income tax authority. But if societies delay in applying for 12A registration than the organization need to submit Audit report and income tax return copy for last financial years. Society have to obtain 12a registration certificate and aware from all rules and regulation of the section 12A of income tax act. Only religious, charitable societies are eligible for obtaining 12A registration.
Process of 12A registration
- Document preparation.
- Online filing of application in Form 10A to the commissioner of income tax.
- Digitally signed by signatory.
- Payment of fee.
- Commissioner will demand for additional information.
- Hard copy of documents sends to the commissioner.
- Meeting with the member of the society is called by the commissioner.
- Commissioner issued the registration certificate.
Documents required for Society 12A registration
- Pan card of society.
- Form 10A.
- Copy of incorporation certificate of society.
- Copy of by laws of society.
- Copy of3years annual reports.
- Copy of Audit reports of three years.
- Copy of Income tax filing return of last three years.
- Note on the activities of society.
- Bank statements.
- NOC from landlord of registered office premises.
- Electricity bill or rent agreement.
- All other books like cash book, member’s details, donation books, expenses books etc.
- Any other documents required by the department.
Advantage of 12A registration
- Exemption from Income tax payment.
- Easily received grants from others.
- Received benefit from government.
- Increase in brand value.
- 12A registration certificate is important document in FCRA registration.
- Comply with rules.
- Gives relief from penalties.
Once a society obtains 12A registration is one time registration it is valid for life time of the society. Any renewal is not required in 12A registration. Only surrender of certificate by signatory is allowed. On or average take 2 to 3 months in 12A registration process.
12A registration is wholly dependent on the commissioner of Income tax department. It is applied in jurisdiction of income tax commissioner where its registered office is situated. commissioner satisfied with all documents than he has to right to grant or refuse the registration application within 30 days. After refusal applicant should apply new application form. It is important for all society. We will do your work; you no need to visit our office. Send us all required documents with sign and stamp through emails. You can pay our fee online.