We service Society Registration in Patna Bihar Ranchi Jharkhand. Society is type of NGO (Non government organization). Societies are not for profit organization. Main object of societies are serve to society not to earn profit. Societies are association of persons. We will give you all important information about society registration in this article in brief.
Societies are registered for charitable purpose. Society registered in rules and regulation of Society Registration Act, 1860. Societies run for the purpose of charitable activity, development of arts, education, religious, cultures, sports etc. Societies are usually registered for social welfare and benefit of our society. Society act, 1860 was introduced for improving the legal conditions of society’s registration in India. In society registration minimum seven members is required. Any individuals from India, foreigners, Companies and other registered society can became member of other societies. Members during society registration subscribe the memorandum of a society. Societies can be registered or unregistered, but only registered society can hold properties. Only registered society takes any legal action against others. Societies can accept donations from others. After FCRA registration societies can accepts donation from outside India also. Donation is main source of Income of societies. They cannot do any business activity for profit. Societies are doing social welfare works for benefit of our society. Memorandum and bylaws are main documents of society. It is must signed by all members of society and signed by witnesses. In memorandum all activity or object of society is written. Name of all members, his address, occupation, position in society etc also written in memorandum. Rules and regulation of society and details of president and secretary are mentioned in memorandum. Society cannot distribute its profit as dividend to its members. Any profit earn by society used in its own object or social welfare.
Process of Society Registration
- Documents preparation.
- Check name of society.
- Drafting of bylaws or memorandum of society.
- Online filing of application form with all required documents.
- Incorporation certificate issued by Department.
Documents Required for society Registration
- Pan card of all members (Minimum three members).
- Aadhar card/ Voter Id card of all members.
- Photograph of all members.
- Electricity bill for registered address proof.
- NOC from owner of registered premises.
- Photograph of board of society with name and address.
- Letter from Block or panchayat.
Advantage of Society Registration
- Legal entity.
- Tax benefit.
- Donation from outside India.
- Perpetual existence.
- Social service.
- Separate legal entity
- Easily taking grants from government.
Disadvantage of Society Registration
- Limited funds.
- Lengthy registration process.
- Imposed by Government.
- Lack of managerial skills in members.
- Rules and regulation of governments.
- Misuse of funds.
- Lack of secrecy.
Important Compliances for society
- Obtaining Pan Card for Society.
- Opening Bank account in the name of society.
- 12A registration.
- Filing of Income Tax yearly.
- Get his bank account audited by auditor.
- Maintaining all cash book, expense book, members’ book, donation list etc.
- Compliance under FCRA if getting FCRA registration.
Validity: Society registration is valid for life time of society so need to get any renewal.
Societies are established for social work. Society registration is managed by State Governments. Societies are filled with concerned authority at state levels. All documents and any changes in society members or objectives also filled with state authority. Societies are difficult to manage because, any changes under society is not possible with getting permission of the registrar of Society. Societies can do his activity in all over the India. A registered society can purchase and sell of any assets. In society registration minimum six month time has been invested. Mutual understanding of its members is important for its objects. We can help you in society registration. Send us all required documents with sign and stamp through emails. We will do your work. You need to visit our office. You can pay our fee online.